[mythtv-users] Do you often see Schedules Direct info getting down to 10 days or less?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 18:43:08 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>wrote:

> On 08/01/14 18:10, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Running .27-fixes.
>>>
>>> I usually have 14-16 days of Schedules Direct guide data, but right now
>>> I'm
>>> sitting at 10 days.
>>>

>> Usually this means something else is broken.  Network
>> (connectivity from the BE, firewall/gateway rules, dns resolution),
>> proxy server (if you are using one, or your ISP is using
>> one), local file permissions, disk storage space on any
>> file system (/tmp and /var are sometimes seen as full).
>>
>> That the run ran in less than a minute also suggests
>> something is broken.  First things first, check your
>> mythfilldatabase log, and see what it says.  And if
>> one can identify why the (likely) failure is indicating
>> success, there may be a bug there that can be
>> addressed.
>>
>> Right now, if it is worth anything, I am showing 16 days
>> of data.
>>
>>  As a point of interest, I sometimes see this with an xmltv run - I'm in
> the UK and use the Radio Times Feed. Sometimes it just won't update past a
> certain date. No errors, no problems, normal runtimes. I think the lowest
> I've ever seen it is 9 days. If I leave it long enough it usually springs
> back to 14 days without any external interaction.

Digging into the dusty areas of my brain I think I may have seen that
happen in the past too...13 days, 12, 11, 10, 16...and I'm pretty sure I
didn't do a manual run then. That's why I'm sort of holding off on doing
that right now to see if the logjam breaks.

So right now logging only seems to be happening on manual runs. What do I
need to change to get mythfilldatabase logs on the auto runs?