[mythtv-users] How much memory do you have installed?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Jan 8 17:09:32 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 11:20 AM, Joseph DeGraw wrote:
> On 01/08/2014 10:57 AM, Ben Kamen wrote:
>> On 2014-01-08 9:34 AM, Joseph DeGraw wrote:
>>> To be fair, My girlfriend stresses the heck out of the box Im sure. Many
>>> times we are recording on all available tuners (4) and comflagging,
>>> watching stuff, Remote mythweb activity and burning DVD's.
>> Are you running anything like Munin to keep a history of the system's
>> usage and load?
>>
>> That would be a good indicator if you're running into a wall or not.
>>
>>  -Ben
> Never heard of Munin but I will look into it.

Personally I use Cacti.. had some bad memory experiences with munin.
But they basically do the same thing.  RRD is a great way to see
trending and history (I even graph tuner usage, number of jobs in the
queue, etc).

My dedicated backend server is severely underpowered by today's
standards.  I've got 2GB of RAM and 4GB of swap on a dual core AMD
5000+.  Looking at it now, I think I inadvertently forgot to move the
memory over from the motherboard I just moved off of (hence, I'm at 2GB).

Granted, I don't use mytharchive.. I convert my DVD's to m4v's on a PC,
then move that m4v over to a Samba share  which is accessible via NFS by
my 4 dedicated frontend systems.

-Rich