[mythtv-users] Support for HDTC-2US? (HDHomeRuns Transcode Model?)

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 7 16:38:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 1/6/2014 3:13 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> > I thought from what I read previously on the silicondust site that the
> > transcoding was optional and you could still get an mpeg2 feed from the
> > HDTC-2US.
>
> Which again depends on MythTV being updated in order to tell the device to
> (or to not, if that's the case) transcode the stream.

Unless this option is sticky.  (e.g. if it's possible for the user to
set the tuner to H.264 mode or not using hdhomerun_config and MythTV
would just work with whatever setting the user configured the tuner to
use)

> MythTV is not
> currently aware of such abilities on HDHomeRuns, and I cannot find any
> documentation on how to control such abilities on the Silicon Dust website.

Me neither, but MythTV is explicitly listed as compatible with this
tuner in their marketing material.  I would take them at their word
that it works.

Eric