[mythtv-users] Restore backup?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 19:11:27 UTC 2014

On 01/06/2014 12:17 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
 > I'm confused, if MythTV never does backups why do I have five
> db-backups in a sub directory of the MythTV directory? Prior to Jan
> 5th they were from the five Sundays in December, now four Dec. and one
> Jan.
> At this point I haven't restored any backups, and I'm still wondering
> if I need to, to verify their utility?
> Do I remember correctly that the BE must be shut down to restore a backup?

You probably have a file named something like this:

     /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database

Which, as its name implies, is executed by cron once a week. So, MythTV
isn't doing those backups. More likely, your distribution added that file
for you. It's also most likely a shell script so you can look at it and
will find that it uses the same mythconverg_backup.pl script that MythTV
uses when doing an upgrade.

--
Bill