[mythtv-users] Single record "Not Listed" status after channel update?

Michael Stucky mike at stucky.us
Sun Jan 5 20:02:27 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The other day I did a rescan of a single transport for Fox in New York
> > in order to pick up a new channel (5.3) in addition to the existing
> > 5.2 and 5.1 channels I had.
> >
> > I discovered that two shows I had scheduled prior to that for single
> > record on 5.1 were showing a "Not Listed" status, and I'm almost
> > certain the shows hadn't changed.  One was the NFC Wild Card game at
> > 4:30 and one was the Simpsons at 8:00.
> >
> > Unfortunately I already deleted those offending rules...in hindsight I
> > REALLY wish I hadn't dome that before I figured out what happened
> > there.  I'm especially concerned because my recording rules are FULL
> > of "this channel" filters that replaced the old record any time on
> > this channel rules as of 0.27.  Here's what I'd really like to know:
> >
> > 1.  What fields are used to match a single record rule to a program
> > that could have changed as a result of updating the channel, causing
> > that not listed status?  It appears to me that the name (and I believe
> > the callsign) of the 5.1 channel changed from "WNYW-DT" to just
> > "WNYW", but clearly it's still the same chanid (1051).  Would that
> > somehow affect it?
> >
> > 2.  Is there any possibility that whatever caused the issue with those
> > single record schedules could affect "any time any channel" recordings
> > that use the "this channel" filter.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Tom
>
> Wow...I sure hope someone can help with this, because it looks like I
> have a serious mess on my hands here.  I just looked for things that
> are in my current listings that should be recording on 5.1, for
> example my wife's American Idol, and it's NOT scheduled to record.
> FFS.
>
> I'm pretty desperate with this one...if *anyone* can clear me up as to
> what get's matched in those rules for the "this channel" filter.  I
> have a feeling that it may be using the "station" field on the record
> table (which would in fact be incorrect).
>
> Tom
>
> I know this does not answer your question, but I can confirm that the same
thing happened to me recently ( mythtv 0.27fixes ). I did a full scan
because several stations had changes (a couple of channels added one place
and a couple removed in other places). No additional stations and no
changes to chanids but one station changed it's callsign (NBC17-* to
WNCN-*) and I lost all of the scheduled recordings for that station.

Mike