[mythtv-users] Diskless LTSP Frontend

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 18:11:10 UTC 2014

>A big problem I have is that when the

>server reboots, the clients basically lose their connection to the server
>and fail to reestablish it, and all the clients ultimately have to be
>hard-rebooted.

I just tested this.  LTSP frontend running mythtv.  Rebooted my backend. Tried to use the frontend after backend was running and mythtv client crashed.  Mouse still worked. Left me at a desktop.  Desktop didn't work though, had to reboot diskless PC to get it connected again.

I have used minimyth and it does not have this issue (as long as you don't try and use the client while the backend is down).

Craig