[mythtv-users] Database internals

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 17:51:36 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> ... Maybe I've misunderstood what you are
> saying.

Nope, sounds like you got it.  Now, I will be the first
to agree that it is *unlikely* that just the wrong set
of activities occur during your backup(s), or even an
abnormal shutdown.  But that is why having more
than just one backup is a good idea (and going
back to what a good backup is) (and it is also why
I run InnoDB rather than MyISAM, on my production
MySQL servers since DB recovery is more *likely*
to be possible in some of the "what is the worst that
can happen" scenarios; but my MythTV DB running
on that server is now tainted, and unsupported.)