[mythtv-users] Correct way to reset previously recorded history

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 4 16:27:50 UTC 2014

On 01/04/2014 11:05 AM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Is there an officially sanctioned method for resetting the history of what has been recorded previously ?
>
> Specifically, there is a series that has recently started showing again, and which I'd like to record and watch again. But, I've already watched some episodes before - and so they appear in the history Myth uses to determine if something has already been recorded and there is the risk that I might miss some.
> It would seem that "delete from olderecorded where title='series title'" should do it, but I know directly manipulating the database is officially frowned upon.
>
> I'm on 0.24.1 if that makes any difference.

In mythfrontend, Manage Recordings|Previously Recorded, then find any
episode from the series, then hit MENU (M) (I think it's MENU, but it
might be SELECT (Space/Enter)), and there should be an option to "Remove
all episodes for this title."

Note, too, that this is the same location where you can set individual
episodes to re-record (or remove individual episodes from the history),
and see why things did/didn't record, ...

No direct DB editing required.

Mike