[mythtv-users] Patriot PBO Core: 2014 Day/Date ISSUE

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sat Jan 4 04:13:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Lawrence Houston <
mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I have been using a Patriot PBO Core as the Frontend for my MythTV Backend
> for quite some time, although since the New Year I have noticed the PBO
> Core is Sorting Recordings made in 2014 with the Day of the Week and the
> Date "Pushed" 1 Day Ahead of what they should be.  Date and Times on the
> MythTV Backend seem fine.  I just pushed the MythTV Backend from 0.25 to
> 0.27, although made NO change...
>
> Although this might be a Patriot PBO Core Fireware Issue, I was wondering
> if there any other MythTV Users who have noticed the same "Issue" with
> their Patriot PBO Core Boxes???
>
> Lawrence Houston  --  (mythtv at greenfield.dyndns.org)

I have no idea what a Patriot PBO Core is, but what you're probably
encountering is the change starting in MythTV 0.26 to use UTC times instead
of local times for recordings. This affects all the time stamps in the
database as well as the filenames of new recordings. Assuming you're in the
continental US, you'll see times 4 to 8 hours ahead, which for prime-time
shows would put them into the next day.

Karl