[mythtv-users] HD Prime Tuning Adapter

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 21:06:58 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> OOB FREQ: 75.250 MHz
>  CARRIER LOCK: YES
>  SNR 20 dB GOOD
>  DATA: YES
>  HUNT MODE: NONE

75.250 is one of the "usual suspects" for OOB.  That looks good.

> INBAND FREQ: 000.000 MHz QAM64    <---- doesn't sound good though.
>  CARRIER LOCK: NO
>  SNR 0 dB POOR

No, but I am not sure it displays anything until it has
tuned an SDV channel (that is a guess; my MSO does not
use TAs).

And there should also be an upstream frequency
displayed, often around 14<mumble>MHz.

> I did a quick browse of the SD forum but nothing jumped out quickly.  Guess
> I'll head back over there and read more.  Tech is suppose to come back to
> him house on Sunday so hopefully it will be resolved then.

It is probably worth a power reset on the TA and the Prime
to make sure the Prime sees the newest TA firmware.  As
I recall, you should power reset the TA first, and then, after
it comes up, power reset the Prime (in theory the order
should not matter.  In practice, it sometimes does).