[mythtv-users] Powermizer changes at boot

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 20:42:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 5:51 AM, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 03/01/14 00:28, Ian Evans wrote:
>
>  On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  Thanks. I figured that but wanted to make sure.
>>

>  Okay...did a reboot and the powermizer settings went back to adaptive.
> Any other places to put it where it will work?
>
>  Thanks.
>

> Have a look at :
>

> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=129879
>

> This gives an alternative way of doing what you want in xorg.conf
>
> If you watch the PowerMizer Settings, it will say "Preferred Mode: Auto"
> and "Current Mode: Adaptive", that doesn't matter, just leave it because it
> doesn't budge from "Performance Level: 1", the max level, or in my case
> "Performance Level:2" on GTS 450 using Nvidia Driver 331.20
>
> Mike

Worked like a charm. Any idea if going max could cause a system to power
off for any reason? Was watching a youtube video and suddenly the computer
just powered off. TV (plugged into same outlet) was still on. Since this is
the only thing I've changed in the last few days...and this is the first
time in 2 yrs that this has happened...I just wondered if it could have
overheated the system. Any log that would give me an idea and what would I
look for?