[mythtv-users] HD Prime Tuning Adapter

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:13:24 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is my assumption correct?  Is there anything I can do on my end?  Or
> anything I can tell them to help lead them down the correct path in this
> scenario?

First, make sure you have the latest Prime firmware (there have been
fixes over the years for TAs), and a new Prime will likely have older firmware.
Second, connect up your TA and let it download (and upgrade) itself
with newer firmware.  It can take a few hours, so be patient.  Third (and
this is only tangential), consider upgrading your network to gigabit.
Your 100F network may be a limitation (and result in pixelated content)
if you run 3 full streams.

Beyond that, I know the SiliconDust forum have discussions and
other recommendations regarding TAs (and a lot more people with
experience with some of their "oddities").