[mythtv-users] Database internals

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Jan 3 08:59:53 UTC 2014

On 03/01/2014 00:03, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, good point: "exact copy" clearly wasn't a good phrase. So let's
say a copy that cannot be distinguished from the original by any
sequence of updates and queries. If a copy mechanism existed satisfying
that criteria then it would certainly be safe to transfer or backup a
mythconverg database, because otherwise the queries and updates
performed by mythtv could be used to distinguish the copy from the
original. My guess was that mysqldump with default options created
such a copy. I don't know that, but surely it's possible to do, and
it would be the natural default behaviour.

Cheers,
	Paul.