[mythtv-users] remote mythtv backend

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Dec 30 18:16:05 UTC 2014

On 30/12/14 17:21, jacek burghardt wrote:
> I am thinking about setting up remote myth backended overseas.
> Is this plausable to watch live tv that way 5000 milles away ?
> What small device could work as backend

Beware that doing this probably breaks all kinds of laws.

Recording for personal use in one country does not mean you can stream it to
another country for consumption.

Putting the files on a tablet or laptop and taking it with you may be legal, but
there are probably countries where even that is prohibited, or certain content
may be prohibited.

--

Mike Perkins