[mythtv-users] Liva BAT-MINI V1.0 [Problems rebooting]

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Mon Dec 29 13:58:11 UTC 2014

I've been playing around with a Liva as a MythFrontend to replace my
aging Rivo.

I'm using an HDHR Prime with Cable Card out of Michigan.

The menus are snappier, MKV DVD and BD rips play well; 720i and 1080i
recordings play without issues. But, I've had a some problems with
LiveTV and rebooting.

1.)  Sometimes audio is garbled, just briefly, or when scrolling through
the guide
2.)  The ticker window on some news channels are jerky
3.)  The little unit doesn't like to reboot successfully.  It will power
cycle, come up to the ESC logo and just sit there, or sometimes it will
try to boot with a kernel error of:

soft lockup - CPU1 stuck for 23s! [swapper/0:1]

I've used the current Ubuntu 14.04 Intel driver install package
successfully from:

https://01.org/linuxgraphics

I'm at the most current firmware for this unit

I've tried both Mint KDE 17 and Mint Cinnamon 17.1 with the same results

Has anybody else seen this?

Google suggests that using acpi=off noapic to fix, but it prevents the
Liva from finding it's storage.

uname -a
Linux doug-BAT-MINI 3.13.0-37-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Mon Sep 22 21:28:38
UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: