[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ignoring Shift in key sequence?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 06:25:17 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get an MCE remote (Ortek VRC-1100) and matching receiver
> working with my new frontend. One snag I appear to be hitting is that the
> key editor recognizes the Shift as part of the key sequence (Ctrl+Shift+F
> for fast-forward) but the TV Playback seems to drop the Shift, so it sees
> only Ctrl+F, which maps to "Night Mode" by default. Even if I remove the
> Ctrl+F binding from Night Mode, the key sequence is still not recognized
> for Seek FFWD. Similar for the seek backward (Ctrl+Shift+B is interpreted
> as Ctrl+B which maps to Jump to Beginning). I suspect this is a bug in the
> playback key recognition. Is there an "official" way to fix this? (I could
> probably just edit the keymapping in MythWeb)
>
> Also, are these key mappings typical or "standard" for an MCE remote? It
> would be great if Myth would work with these default mappings
> out-of-the-box. A lot of the buttons do work, but some important ones
> don't. I'm willing to contribute a patch to improve this if someone can
> point me in the right direction (and if there's any chance that it would be
> accepted!).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karl

Well, I should have searched the bug list first obviously. I just found
this: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10017 which exactly describes the
problem I'm seeing. The root of the problem is that the Edit Keys dialog
recognizes the Shift, but because lirc is case-insensitive it gets ignored
at the point of actual usage. For now I'll just use mythweb to remove the
Shift from the key mapping.

Karl