[mythtv-users] Firmware for HVR-2250

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 04:25:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Saul <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having constant issues with this card - it is practically unusable
> with newer versions of MythTV. I do believe there is a new firmware
> available for this card, does anyone know how to extract it from
> Windows drivers?

The authoritative information is on LinuxTV.org at
  http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-2250

and the referenced extract script is at
   http://www.steventoth.net/linux/hvr22xx/

Whether that script still works for the latest drivers
is an exercise for the OP.

Just to make sure, this is an actual HVR-2250, and not
the (newer, better, able to leap taller buildings, but
not supported at all in Linux) HVR-2255, right?