[mythtv-users] Possible to have 2 HDHomeRuns, one on Antenna, one on cable?

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Mon Dec 22 17:02:10 UTC 2014

On 12/22/2014 10:45 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> I made "the cable company own it" only to fond them replacing my self
> installed sub standard cable ends, kind of embarrassing. I've since gone to
> my own crimper for this.

My problem was not with TV, but with broadband. The solution was to replace (on
the 3rd visit) all the cable ends, including those inside the plate on the wall,
and all splitters in the high-speed path. He even replaced both ends on the
cable from the green box to the outside of my house. All of those terminations
had been created with a compression crimper, just like Time-Warner uses, but
there were still losses. Since then, no problems (knock on wood).

Larry