[mythtv-users] mythbuntu theme 28.16

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Mon Dec 22 03:12:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> On 22 December 2014 at 05:56, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why do you think mythbuntu was altered for the visually impaired?
>

> There was an update (months ago now) which increased the average text size
> by quite a bit. I recall a vocal thread about it at the time.
>
> Some people hugely disliked the decreased density of the Watch Recordings
> screen. I don't buy that argument - you still have to scroll as many presses
> to select the recording, no matter how many you can see ahead - but that's
> how I recall it going.
>
> As for the recent changes to the presentation of folders, it seems to me
> that this reveals a weakness in MythUI - it would be nice if it could
> autogenerate a better thumbnail for folders specifically, like a generic
> folder icon overlaid with a smaller version of the cover art that used to be
> displayed, sized to not obscure the outline of the folder icon. If this is
> already possible (it didn't seem to be when I looked into modifying the
> theme, but I could be wrong) it might be a nice alternative method for
> addressing the usability concern which lead to the change.

The issue I've been told is that the change I made months ago to the
videos section is bad for folders since it removes the title from each
thumbnail (which makes it difficult to discern which are folders and
which are movies just by glancing at it). This is true, so I've
changed that.

It should be possible to do that, however I don't really want to have
a folder icon as I think that looks too much like a desktop thing. I'd
rather have something more fitting for a media center.

> - Chris

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos