[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR trials and tribulations.

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 18:08:10 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt
<acstadt at stadt.ca> wrote:
> My understanding at the time, from a chat I had
> with one of the xhci devs, was the xhci implements a new internal
> architecture and actually meets the specs, but in doing so reveals several
> flaws in current device drivers, unfortunately that dev wasn't able to give
> me any specifics on what to look for.

And it gets complicated.  Not only are there continuous new
chips and revisions to support, but there is a frightening list of
errata to deal with with chip specific fixups/workarounds/quirks.
If one just reads the errata, one can wonder how anything
works at all (even though the bugs are usually edge cases).
The good news is that the kernel devs take getting it all right
very seriously, and it gets better in each release.  To the
OP, maybe try 3.18, or 3.19-rc1 and report back.