[mythtv-users] Moving to Atlas for UK XMLTV

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:38:12 UTC 2014

On 21/12/14 15:32, Martin Moores wrote:
> On 21 December 2014 at 08:15, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com
> <mailto:moores.martin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Which I assume is due to those channels not existing in my
>     lineup.  The odd thing is, the list of unknown xmltv channel
>     identifiers is different for each day, like they are picked at
>     random, which would match the oddness of the data I am getting!
>
>     Cheers
>
>     Martin
>

> OK, think I can see what is happening.
>
> Running:
>
> tv_grab_uk_atlas --config-file
> /home/user/.xmltv/tv_grub_uk_atlas/config  --hours 1 --debug
>
> Shows the API call URLs being sent for data, e.g, one of the following
> for each channel:
>
> http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/3.0/schedule.json?channel_id=cbbs&from=1419169495&to=1419173095&annotations=extended_description,broadcasts,series_summary,brand_summary,people,channel&publisher=pressassociation.com&apiKey=****APIKEYHERE****
>
> Putting this in a browser gives:
>
> {"error":{"message":"An internal server error
> occurred","error_code":"INTERNAL_ERROR","error_id":"b033a50d-049e-492b-917e-425d51f506bb"}}
>
> About one in five refreshes of that URL, I get a page of data back,
> which would explain the patchy data I am getting from mythfilldatabase.
>
> Anyone able to test this with their API key?  Would show if it is the
> service that is broken or my API key that is limited.
>
> I can also get the "server error" when testing on their admin page:
>
> http://atlas.metabroadcast.com/#apiExplorer
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

Martin,

Just checked using one of the API keys I got yesterday, it is behaving
as is yours, works every 1 out of 5 or so refreshes on the URL. My
original key works everytime.

Looks like the API key checking routine at the metabroadcast end has
problems in that it sometimes validates ok and not at other times, which
would be consistent with what we are seeing.

Mike