[mythtv-users] nuc 2820fykh FE issues

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Dec 21 14:53:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:52:46 +0000, you wrote:

>hey guys, after reading a few threads and having had enough of my ION based FE that i've finally had enough of the niggles, i went and bought the 2820 NUC this week.
>Howerver, i'm having some issues that only exhibit themselves on the NUC.
>
>1) I am getting slightly jerky playback on liveTV until i change the channel or pause/play the feed.

That happens sometimes for me too with my Nvidia 220 card in a full
scale PC - it looks like the amount of buffering between the recording
and the playback may be slightly too little for the H.264 DVB-T signal
we have here in New Zealand.  A very short pause fixes the problem for
me.

>2) using pm-utils 'pm-suspend' command to suspend-to-ram, on resume i am getting a black screen and no way to revive it without a restart. SSH is still fully responsive

I am sure there are many PCs that will have problems like that.  I
would guess that the screen would come back again if you did a
"restart lightdm" (Mythbuntu 14.04) or the equivalent on your system
which restarts X and the display manager, from your ssh login.  If so,
then there may well be some X config settings that can help, or you
may need a script that gets run on suspend to shut down certain
things.