[mythtv-users] Missing log files filling system drive

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:35:03 UTC 2014

On 12/17/2014 04:57 PM, Mark Pennock wrote:
> My system log file is 20GB, and it doesn't go down.

I'd type: grep syslog /etc/logrotate.{conf,d/*}
to find which file has the configuration for syslog.

Then use: sudo logrotate -d <whateverFileWasFound>

If that doesn't help, then as suggested earlier in the
thread, a pastebin of /etc/logrotate.conf and whateverFileWasFound
would let others comment on it. A pastebin of the output of the
logrotate -d might also help.

--
Bill