[mythtv-users] Missing log files filling system drive

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Dec 17 02:35:29 UTC 2014

Mark Pennock wrote:
> I am using a 60 GB ssd for my system drive and I just had to
> re-install the
> system due to running a program the completely filled the system
> drive.
>
> My kernel log is 19.6GB in size and it doesn't seem to be
> auto-rotating so
> I can delete the old logs.
>
> when I run the command: sudo /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
>
> ​I get the following error messages:
>
> ​error: stat of /var/log/mythtv/mythmediaserver.log failed: No
> such file or
> directory
> error: stat of /var/log/mythtv/mythtranscode.log failed: No such
> file or
> directory
>
> It seems that these missing files are preventing log roa

I think there may be an issue with a specific version of logrotate
which puts spurious errors out like this. I'm seeing lots of them
(on Fedora 20) for files which do physically exist. It doesn't cause
any issues, apart from a pointless cron email every night!

I don't know if this is what you are seeing though.
--
Mike Holden