[mythtv-users] Time to move to an HDMI stick for FEs?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 01:39:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Jim <lists at morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/2014 4:35 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone received this stick yet? I ordered on 20 October, was told
>> it would be shipped at the end of that month. I have since then been
>> put off a number of times with the last promise being a firm one that
>> it would ship on 15 December via DHL.
>>
>> On 15 December (yesterday) I get a message that it is stil not
>> available or shipped: "I am sorry it is still delayed now. And the
>> producing department still not lead the mass production now. So so so
>> sorry."
>>
>> I am not even sure what that means. I cannot fathom whether
>> manufacturing has even started.
>>
>> These crooks have 375 orders, some for more than one unit. At US$110 a
>> pop, that is a significant wad of cash they have in exchange for ...
>> nothing!
>>
>> To cap it off the current price has gone UP to US$118.
>>
>> In case it is not clear, I ordered from the page in the OP in this
>> thread, ie
>> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sell-Mini-PC-with-both-Android-Windows-8-system/2044898752.html
>>

> That page says there are 978 available.
> I think I'd start asking for my money back...

Thanks for noticing that. When pointed out to him, the response from
Mr Merry Bulldust He is:

"Hi Nick,
The in stock status is defauted settled automatically by the system,We
promise you to try our best to ship out your order soon.And willl
update you the news,
Sorry again. "

I am not going to cancel yet. but if this was anywhere other than the
wild east, they'd be severely punished for false and misleading
conduct.