[mythtv-users] database version upgrade fail - 25->27 (Michael T. Dean)

Dave Matthews n36078 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 22:37:37 UTC 2014

The oldest auto backup was the one that I was using.  Don't know why it has
the offending column but it does.

I did some looking around in the source files today starting with
mythtv-setup and seeing where the database gets upgraded.  It looks like I
just need to see what version the db thinks it is at and back it down by
one.  The failing update adds a column to the channel table and creates the
iptv_channel table.  When I get some time tomorrow I will see which of them
are there and do some drops to back it down the correct configuration.  The
code that does it is in dbcheck.cpp starting around line 1953.  Given the
way the code is written I can't be off by more than one version unless it
failed the commit of the DBSchemaVer value to the settings table.  If MySQL
works like some other DBMS systems I have used the Creates and Alters
happen immediately with the updates wait for a commit.

It should take more than a few minutes to get it stable and then let it
forward convert.

Dave