[mythtv-users] [sort of solved] Re: Mythbuntu 14.04 fresh install trouble restoring old database

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 02:40:45 UTC 2014

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:44:39 -0600
jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 02:49:29AM +0000, Marlon Buchanan wrote:
> > >________________________________

Sort of solved the problem;

Make ~/.mythtv/backuprc world readable.
Run as user "mythtv", not me.
Use the mythconverg* backups rather than the mythbuntu-system* backups.

Possible GOTCHA, UID numbers can change between releases, be prepared
to use "chown".

What extra information is in the system backups that the ordinary
backups are missing?  Should I leave things alone now, or have another
try at it?

This was the successful command;

$ sudo -u mythtv /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl
--directory /mnt/tv/mythbuntu/db_backups   --filename
mythconverg-1331-20141211083921.sql.gz  --drop_database
--create_database

[OT] Can I configure my mailing list subscription such that I can see
my own posts?  (And occasionally reply to myself.)

> ...this is kind of off topic but I thought it might be a useful data
> point related to Ubuntu 14.04.
>
>    While I have been unable to build my old/current version of myth
> on the current Ubuntu LTS release, I have been able to copy and run
> pre-built copies of my current myth version (which is 0.23).
>
>    I have an Asus Chromebook runing Ubuntu 14.04. VAAPI seems to work
> well in other apps like VLC and mplayer.
>
>    The main thing holding me back is closed caption issues in 0.27.
>
> [deletia]

Sorry, I have no sensible suggestions here.

--
testing
bP