[mythtv-users] ECS Liva for frontend - brief report

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon Dec 15 00:37:43 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Ozzy Lash <ozzy.lash at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Ozzy Lash <ozzy.lash at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> After installing I pulled the thumb drive and it booted right up.  Some
>> others have reported success with other distributions (Fedora 20 I think)
>> and mentioned something about having to boot into rescue and chroot and do
>> a yum update.  Not sure about gentoo.  I think debian is using grub-efi to
>> be able to boot with the uefi bios.  You might look to see if there is
>> anything about installing gentoo on a uefi system.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Like maybe this:
>
>  http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/UEFI_Gentoo_Quick_Install_Guide
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Bill

Thanks, I've been looking at that page. What does your partition table look
like? My EFI boot partition ended up as only 2 MiB (since I followed the
Gentoo install handbook), and according to what I'm reading an EFI
partition should be between 100-300 MiB. By default grub installs the x64
efi and it didn't complain about lack of space. It only dropped one file in
that partition, which was about about 180 kB. I'd like to avoid
repartitioning and starting from scratch if possible but at least I've
saved the kernel config, which is what has taken me the longest so far.

Karl