[mythtv-users] Fedora 19+ and MCE remote

Justin Moore justin.nonwork at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 23:44:55 UTC 2014

Eric,

Thanks for the response. My responses inline.

You may need to hit us with the wall of text.

Hold on, let me dig up my email from the Fedora users list ... :)

> ir-keytable does see the device and has the right driver?  You should see
> something like this:
>
> eddie% ir-keytable
> Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event19) with:
>         Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
>         Supported protocols: NEC RC-5 RC-6 JVC SONY SANYO LIRC SHARP other
>         Enabled protocols: RC-5 RC-6
>         Extra capabilities: <access denied>

It does see the device, but 'ir-keytable -t' doesn't show any key presses.

Even without configuring lircd, should I be able to see keypresses via
'ir-keytable -t'?

Thanks,
-jdm