[mythtv-users] Shutdown / Restart Frontend

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Dec 13 02:06:40 UTC 2014

> Hi,
>
> I have a brand new installation on a frontend with Mythubuntu 14.04 on it.
> Everything is running fine, except the "Exit and Shutdown" and "Exit and
> Reboot" commands do nothing.  I have Googled, browsed the Mythbuntu
> forums,
> to no avail.  Can anyone shed any light on where I should start looking to
> get these working again?

Make sure that /etc/sudoers file has the following in it...

<username> ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/poweroff, /sbin/reboot,
/sbin/shutdown, /sbin/halt

where <username> is the name of the user that runs the frontend (i.e. the
one that you can't call mythtv!!)

I can't remember exactly what is included in the original file but this
line may be commented out and it doesn't include 'reboot' AFAIK.

--
Robin Gilks