[mythtv-users] Poor sync on Peter Pan Live

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 9 18:25:31 UTC 2014

On 12/9/2014 9:26 AM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 12/09/2014 09:05 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
>
>> Last Saturday's re-airing of SNL also had the poor audio sync issue.
>> Maybe something to do with NBC's recording of live shows for
>> rebroadcast in other timezones that is at issue.
>
> Hopefully, since at least one TV critic made the observation, someone
> at NBC will take notice.

I have a question about the way the mythtv audio sync adjust feature
works.  When I'm watching a recording/video and adjust the audio sync
from the audio adjust menu, that works OK.  The part that is not working
is that the adjustment that I select remains stuck for all other
recordings/videos that I watch in the future.  Previous versions of
mythtv did not work this way, and I think it is a bug that it is doing this.

The audio adjust that I set while watching a recording/video should only
apply to that recording/video.  I often forget that I made such an
adjustment when the recording/video finishes, and then find that the
audio is out of sync on the next recording that I watch.  When I go to
adjust that, I discover that it is out of sync because it is still
applying the adjustment for the previously viewed recording. If I need a
"hard" adjustment, that should be made elsewhere in a general setup.
I'm running 0.27.4 -fixes.