[mythtv-users] Scheduler runs slowly causes backend to lock up

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:02:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Paul Netherwood <pnetherwood at email.com> wrote:
> I'm on Ubuntu 14.04. Mysql temp area is /tmp is on disk but the disk is an SSD.

SSD's are not always a magic bullet.  I have seem some (S3700's)
that do almost everything right, and ones where abysmal is being
too kind by an order of magnitude.  In consumer grade devices,
whether the device lies in regards to actually implementing the
flush cache command is usually the key to acceptable performance.