[mythtv-users] high cpu usage when recording

Marco Nelissen marco.nelissen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 23:57:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Joel Newcomb <joelnewcomb at verizon.net>
wrote:

>  On 12/07/2014 09:21 AM, Marco Nelissen wrote:

>  I'm on 12.04 LTS, but the 0.25 version of mythtv is the latest it seems
> to want to offer me. How would I go about selecting a newer version of
> mythtv?
>
> Since you are on Mythbuntu, use the Myhtbuntu control center and check the
> box for 0.27, click apply.

Thanks, that worked, and recording 5 shows at once now takes less than 25%
CPU. And it only took 2 hours of Googling for solutions to various problems
encountered along the way! On the down side, the frontend now seems to be
using a steady 1-2% CPU when idle, due to it calling gettimeofday 140 times
per second, which seems a bit much for updating the clock once a minute.