[mythtv-users] Duplicated recordings

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Dec 4 20:24:01 UTC 2014

On Dec 4, 2014, at 2:43 PM, Justin Alcorn <justin at jalcorn.net> wrote:

> OK, it says damaged, which explains why it recorded again.  How do I find out why it thinks it's damaged?  Recording looks fine.

Everything I know about this comes from changeset https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/72d437001 and this at the end of the commit comment:

   The property is set whenever RecordingQuality::IsDamaged()
   returns true. This is primarily based gaps in the recording with
   extra weight given to gaps at the beginning and end of the
   scheduled program slot. In the future we may add transport stream
   discontinuity or other recorder specific quality metrics.

I thought Daniel had described a way to find out exactly what is bugging the damage checker but I couldn't find it.

Perhaps it's taking your tuner too long to lock? I know there's a setting for how long is too long in myth-setup.

- George