[mythtv-users] Missing log files filling system drive

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Dec 4 06:42:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 20:02:33 -0600, you wrote:

>I am using a 60 GB ssd for my system drive and I just had to re-install the
>system due to running a program the completely filled the system drive.
>
>My kernel log is 19.6GB in size and it doesn't seem to be auto-rotating so
>I can delete the old logs.
>
>when I run the command: sudo /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
>
>?I get the following error messages:
>
>?error: stat of /var/log/mythtv/mythmediaserver.log failed: No such file or
>directory
>error: stat of /var/log/mythtv/mythtranscode.log failed: No such file or
>directory
>
>It seems that these missing files are preventing log roa

Was there any particular reason why you had to completely reinstall?
Surely booting in single-user/repair mode or using a live-boot CD
would have allowed you to delete the errant log file, run fsck and
then boot again normally?

And what system are you using?  Missing files should not stop
logrotate from doing its job, but the drive being full might.