[mythtv-users] HDHR3 recording fails, "wrong PMT"?

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 21:24:52 UTC 2014

On 04/12/14 09:54, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I looked at the DB definition and in
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channelscan_dtv_multiplex_table I find
>> it's the internal ID of that table.
>
> Hmm, interesting.  Thanks.  If this is just an sql table row id, then
> it's not a property of the channel at all.
>
>> So the values in that table
>> probably contain invalid values for that transport.
>
> All of the other columns of the dtv_multiplex table contain the values
> which I would expect them to have.  It's only the transportid that
> didn't match something that hdhomerun_config also printed.  If this is
> an auto increment key field, then there's no expectation that it would
> match, so I'm back to not understanding where the problem is.
>
> Eric

My TV environment here is NZ is different to yours - exclusive OTA
DVB-T, still my reception of channels and config of Mythtv was extremely
challenging and led me to build a whole test system so I could step by
step work out the process needed.

At this point I would be very interested in the results of this sql
query on your system:

SELECT  scanid, transportid, mplex_id,  callsign, service_name,
service_id  FROM channelscan_channel WHERE service_id IN (3790, 3754);

I may then be able to give you more insight to what I think I know.

Tony