[mythtv-users] HDHR3 recording fails, "wrong PMT"?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:32:08 UTC 2014

Hoi Eric,

> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> As I understand from your posts, the broken stuff was the old channel
>> information from before Verizon moved some of the channels around.

> The channel with chanid 3504 is a new channel inserted by the new
> scan, not a previously existing channel.

> It's never been used:

mysql>> select * from oldrecorded where chanid = 3504;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)

> and wasn't there in the channel table before the scan.

> This newly inserted channel isn't usable because attempting to tune it
> fails with the wrong PMT error message.

> Is that what you expect to happen?

> Eric

But what are the new settings for that channel? And do they match
with what you found outside MythTV? Is that the only channel giving
the error? And last have you tried a fresh clean scan?
I understand you wanting to understand, but wouldn't it be practical
to first get it working?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven