[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct/database issue

John Klug ski.brimson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 08:12:42 UTC 2014

I am using US ATSC (OTA).

A channel schedule for one channel does not show up.  The icon is in the
MythTV listing, it does show up in a scan of the tuner and the TV, and it
is in the xml file shipped by schedules direct.  I interrupted the deletion
of the database in mythfilldatabase so I could read the xml file.

Next to the icon in the schedule is the message "Unknown".

There is an anomaly in schedules direct.  The schedule has a non existent
subchannel on the same FCC channel number of the missing channel.

The situation is:

FCC 23:
   Has one viewable subchannel, 2-3
   Schedules Direct has an additional non existent subchannel 23-9.

FCC 34:
   Has three viewable subchannels, 2-1, 2-2, and 2-4.

23-9 has an identical schedule to 2-2 in schedules direct.  2-1, 2-2, and
2-4 shows up in the MythTV schedule.

Is there a way to trace what is going on.  To me this seems like a bug in
MythTV, possibly caused by a non-existent sub channel.

I am using Gentoo with media-tv/mythtv-0.27_p20140321:0