[mythtv-users] Wake up frontend with remote

Nicolas Krzywinski myth at site7even.de
Fri Aug 29 20:33:26 UTC 2014

Am 29.08.2014, 18:42 Uhr, schrieb <mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org>:

> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:48:45 +0200
> From: Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Wake up frontend with remote
>> Hoi Josu,

>>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>> I check the board documentation but there is nothing about USB wake
>>> up:
>>> http://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/mb_manual_ga-h61m-ds2_v3.0_e.pdf
>>
>>> There is a keyboard/mouse wakeup option, but nothing about the USB
>>> devices wakeup.
>>
>>> Someone could help with this? Maybe my board doesn't support this
>>> feature, but I want to be sure before buy a new board.
>>
>>> Best regards.
>>

>> If I look at your manual, My conclusio is that it only supports ps/2
>> wake-up, not usb. To be sure you could check that ErP under power
>> management is disabled. If enabled it cuts power to lan and ps/2 in
>> the off state, disabling wake-up.
>>

>Thanks Hika,
>It was disabled, I enable but it doesn't work.
>So I need to push the CPU power button to watch TV.
>Regards.

This is another open issue for me as well. But for me this did worked a long time ago!

It stopped working after installing the media package from yavdr ppa, which I needed to get my current tv tuner card to work. This big media package installed drivers for my imon remote automatically. Since this time I can not power on my machine with the remote.

I followed your conversation and tried all your commands - with the same result: it still does not work.
This may be good news to you - but also, it may mean nothing. :)

This problem is of low prio to me though, because the hardware switch works :D and I installed mythmote on all my android tablets which can wake my mythbox via WOL. Of course I can wake it from my ubuntu machines as well.

I will monitor your conversation further, follow your steps and will inform you if my system starts to behave differently than yours! ;-)

Since I workarounded my last high prio problem a few days ago, maybe I dive into this topic more actively from now on, but I can not promise....

Regards,
Nicolas

--
www.nskcomputing.de