[mythtv-users] RAID 1

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:27:28 UTC 2014

Hoi Eric,

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>> With all the mucking around I've been doing lately there was a small
>> indication that there was a bad sector on the terabyte drive that I used to
>> use for the entire system, partitioned, of course. So having a recordings
>> backup is my aim, eventually any drive will fail, right? At my disposal
>> currently are the aforementioned 250, and two terabytes as well as an
>> external terabyte. I am open to simple effective suggestions.

> For stuff I want to keep a backup of, I just use rsync from a cron job
> to sync one disk to another.

> Specifically, I use the rlbackup scripts (which call rsync) you can find here:

> http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/rlbackup/

> It's easy and effective.

> Eric

It's a choice, but the only almost foolproof protection against drive
failure is raid. I use it to my satisfaction for over 10 years on my
server, which since I use myth also contains the backend.
With all other solutions you can loose up to the backup/sync Intervall
in data.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven