[mythtv-users] Setting up Mythtv via Debian Chroot

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Aug 28 21:07:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:
> On 27.08.2014 23:58, Alex Van Deusen wrote:
>>
>> Setting up mythtv-database (0.26.1+fixes20140227-dmo1) ...
>

> 0.26 has known regressions and is not supported anymore.

This is a packaging problem, not related to the software itself.

> As I don't know what
> "Xpenology" or "synology for debian Wheezy via chroot" means I'm

... probably in over my head.

Installing in a chroot isn't the same as installing in a virtual
machine.  The init scripts don't run, ports aren't reserved, etc.
It's possible to set up stuff in a chroot, but there are often
additional points of complexity that often need to be handled.

Going to .27 probably won't help much.

Are you trying to run mysql within the same chroot?

Eric