[mythtv-users] inverted fields during playback of BBC America recordings?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Aug 28 11:37:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> I haven't seen this, but have you tried turning on the deinterlacer
> (Video->Advanced->Deinterlacer), then setting video scan to
> interlaced/reverse (Video->Advanced->Video Scan->Interlaced (Reverse) )?

No, I hadn't tried that.

Turning that on made things significantly worse in a different way.
It seems like that option reverses the fields temporally.  That's not
my problem.  The fields are being shown in the correct order in time,
but reversed in space.  I need to show the earlier field above/below
(not sure which) the later field, where currently it's shown
below/above, without changing the timing of the fields.

Thanks, though.  I wasn't even aware that that option was in the menu.

Eric