[mythtv-users] GUI to CLI

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Aug 27 18:30:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
> I've heard of a mythexport issue, but I'm unsure if there is a bug
> report. As for Mythbackend, I can't think of a thing MCC could do
> (short of removing the backend packages) that would stop the backend
> from starting, so I think that has to do with something else.

See the thread "Package Operation Failed" for more info.

The short version is that the package dependencies weren't
sufficiently specified to prevent upgrading the libraries without
upgrading the backend as well.  The backend refused to start with the
error:

Application binary version (0.27.20140323-1) does not match libraries
(0.27.20140719-1)

After doing a full dist-upgrade, the problem was resolved, but if the
dependencies were right it should not have been possible to get into
this state.

Eric