[mythtv-users] Disk I/O problems? [SOLVED]

Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sun Aug 24 14:47:43 UTC 2014

On 24/08/2014 8:10 AM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:03:00 PM Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> Amazing you get any audio at all if using spdif.
>> How is everything connected?
> - HDMI to the TV
> - Optical out from the TV to the Amp
>
> sp/dif - Are you refering to the Optical Cable between the TV and the AMP?
> would that be an issue?
>
> I thought my only concern was the audio over hdmi.
>
> The amp supports Dolby and DTS.

While YMMV, I've never been able to get this configuration working with
any TV that I've had in my possession. I've had lots of TV's that would
output the received hdmi audio but only in stereo.  The best work around
I could come up with was Myth->Amp (spdif), Myth->TV (hdmi, no audio).
In the end I ended up getting an amp with hdmi passthru (Myth->Amp->TV).

Again, YMMV, I think it has more to do with the capabilities of the TV
to forward the audio then anything else.

Andrew.