[mythtv-users] mount recordings

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 03:29:20 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/23/2014 06:41 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>>> and now from trusty:
>>>

>>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
>>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ ls -ld /mnt
>>>

>> The 'd' in ls ls -ld was just for verifying the permissions on
>> /media/storage itself, nothing below it.
>>
>> So, on both 12.04 and 14.04 you'll need to try:
>>
>>     ls -lAR /media/storage
>>
>> to prove there's nothing below that directory (mount point.)
>>

>> I know you mentioned future plans to have 2 1TB drives in a
>> RAID configuration. So, just to be clear, right now you have
>> exactly 2 drives the 14.04 250GB drive and the 12.04 1TB
>> drive. Nothing there isn't a 2nd 1TB drive that isn't connected
>> right?
>>

>> --
>> Bill
>>

> On 12.04 the command returned an enormous list of recordings 400 or so
> GB's, and yes the second terrabyte is not connected

Likewise on 14.04 the command returns an enormous list, but myth FE doesn't
access them, the list is present but circled in red.
Lately when I boot 14.04, I'm asked if I want to let it update itself, I
haven't let it nor have I ran mythfilldatabase on 14.04 yet for fear that
it will borke something on 12.04, maybe updating will bring in the
recordings?