[mythtv-users] mount recordings

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 17:37:56 UTC 2014

On Aug 23, 2014 1:00 PM, "Bill Meek" <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/23/2014 10:27 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>> Greetings Mythizens, I have a clean install of Mythbuntu 14.04 on a 250GB
>> drive and recordings on sdb2 of a terrabyte drive created by Mythtv
0.27.3
>> in a 12.04 Ubuntu desktop environment. How do I go about granting access
>> the recordings to Mythbuntu?   /etc/fstab.d is an empty directory.
>

> As for /etc/fstab.d, I'd expect it to be empty. You can Google for fstab.d
> and see discussions about why. I did try it, even with the mount --fstab
> option without success on a 14.04 host (the option isn't supported.)
>
> Have you re-done: sudo blkid and verified that none of the partitions have
> identical UUIDs (can't believe I just wrote "identical UUIDs"?) And, after
> getting /dev/sdb2s' UUID, is it in /etc/fstab? I'd check that 1st.
>
> But, this may be as simple as adding the 'old' fstab entry:
>
>     UUID=3769e2e8-adde-456c-86e4-0402be737ef6 /media/storage ext4
defaults 0 1

> although I thought the fsck pass number should be 2 not the trailing 1 in
> the above line (because it's not the root partition.)
>
> (I did read the previous blkid output and it had no UUID information for
either
>  sda2 or sdb2. sdb*3* looks like it was your old storage partition.)
>
> --
> Bill

Hi Bill, what I want to end up with is mythbuntu on the 250 sda1 and videos
on sda2 with my two terabyte drives in RAID 1 for recordings. First of all
I need to be certain that mythbuntu is fully functional. I can move/clone
12.04 OS to an external drive, for piece of mind, eliminating the
"identical UUID's"  but I have no idea how to implement mounting the
recordings for mythbuntu to do further testing. So far, even with the
duplicate 12.04 OS's as long as I've booted from the 250 last it will wake
the 250. I'm sure I'd go into severe withdrawal if I broke precise before
trusty was ready to seamlessly take over.   Daryl