[mythtv-users] Wake up frontend with remote

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 17:17:58 UTC 2014

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I try to enable some of them, but nothing change:
>>
>> echo USB1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
>
> These are just guesses, but.....
>
> Presuming that your BIOS supports wakeup properly,
> since your device is on bus 2, I would nominally
> expect to require USB2, not USB1, but in any case,
> the "other" places you may need to adjust are at
>
>   /sys/bus/usb/devices/<usb-hub-device>/power/wakeup
>
> <usb-hub-device> is likely to mean both usb2 (in
> your case) and (possibly) 2-1 (for the root hub) and
> 2-5 (for the actual device), and you have to set
> the wakeup to enabled (it usually starts as
> disabled).  Probably for testing to determine if it
> works at all just enable wakeup for everything.
>
> Note that it is not unusual that if you hotbplug the
> remote that the device numbers may be different.
> You may need to use various udev rules to insure
> consistent naming or automatic settings of the
> wakeup flags.

Thanks for the reply.

I try with USB2, but nothing:

# echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

# cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep USB
USB1  S3 *disabled
USB2  S3 *disabled
USB3  S3 *disabled
USB4  S3 *disabled
USB5  S3 *disabled
USB6  S3 *disabled
USB7  S3 *disabled

The bus device is enabled by default:

# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0766:0204 Jess-Link Products Co., Ltd TopSpeed
Cyberlink Remote Control

# grep 0204 /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/idProduct
/sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.2/idProduct:0204

# cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-1.2/power/wakeup
enabled

I have a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3970

I will check in the BIOS if I found something.

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano