[mythtv-users] mount recordings

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 17:00:06 UTC 2014

On 08/23/2014 10:27 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Greetings Mythizens, I have a clean install of Mythbuntu 14.04 on a 250GB
> drive and recordings on sdb2 of a terrabyte drive created by Mythtv 0.27.3
> in a 12.04 Ubuntu desktop environment. How do I go about granting access to
> the recordings to Mythbuntu?   /etc/fstab.d is an empty directory.

As for /etc/fstab.d, I'd expect it to be empty. You can Google for fstab.d
and see discussions about why. I did try it, even with the mount --fstab
option without success on a 14.04 host (the option isn't supported.)

Have you re-done: sudo blkid and verified that none of the partitions have
identical UUIDs (can't believe I just wrote "identical UUIDs"?) And, after
getting /dev/sdb2s' UUID, is it in /etc/fstab? I'd check that 1st.

But, this may be as simple as adding the 'old' fstab entry:

     UUID=3769e2e8-adde-456c-86e4-0402be737ef6 /media/storage ext4 defaults 0 1

although I thought the fsck pass number should be 2 not the trailing 1 in
the above line (because it's not the root partition.)

(I did read the previous blkid output and it had no UUID information for either
  sda2 or sdb2. sdb*3* looks like it was your old storage partition.)

--
Bill