[mythtv-users] keyframes in cut list editor off by one frame

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 23:13:39 UTC 2014

>> On 23 Aug 2014, at 5:14 am, "Thomas Boehm" <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 22/08/14 16:35, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Hi:  MythDVBcut already incorporates an offset for this, and I find that
>> it usually gives the right result with DVB-T SD in the UK.  I rarely
>> record HD material, but I have a small amendment to this version for that.
>
> Thanks John. But as I wrote I solved it already in my script by adding a
> "- 1"
>
> SELECT offset FROM recordedseek WHERE chanid=$3 AND starttime='$4' AND
> type=9 and mark >= ($i - 1) and mark < ($i + 100) order by offset;
>
> I still think it's a bug in the cutlist editor. Or are you saying that
> it only happens with DVB-T in the UK?

I believe I see this in Australian DVB-T as well, but I haven't put the time and effort into proving it as opposed to just believing it (assuming that I could prove it....). But I am fairly confident and I think I have seen a couple of other matching reports in the last year or so.

Just to be clear *I think* there is a mismatch of 1 between the frame viewed in the cutlist editor and the frame number. Whether that is because the wrong frame is displayed on the screen or the wrong frame number is displayed or something else I don't know. So it's not just the keyframes affected, every frame / frame number is out by 1.