[mythtv-users] Can the scheduler be made to treat certain sources as blacklisted for certain times?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 19:38:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Jack Perveiler <perveilerj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I (the OP) am on Charter with a Scientific Atlanta 8300

The 8300 is a very old box (10 years old?)  I would expect
that if you take it to your local office, and simply say it no
longer works, and want a replacement, you would get a
different (newer) box.  No doubt with its own set of issues,
but possibly without the reboot issue.  There is no reason
updates from Charter should require a reboot on any
current DVR (unless it really is a firmware change).